Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hello to XSOM, bye to Apache XML Schema

[Week 27]

I got a recommendation from a classmate to use XML Schema Object Model (XSOM) for the XML Schema parsing. I've looked into this and I'm glad to say after a few hours of studying the schema and search mailing list archives I'm managing to extract information from files.

I've am now moving on to try and build the tree to visually represent the XML schema.
I had a meeting with MOC on Thursday discussing the general progress of the project and the fact that I'm behind schedule. He encouraged me to continue working on getting the tree built so that a user may then build XPath expressions using my GUI. Once I have this working he suggested that we arrange another meeting to plan the next steps.

This sounds promising so hopefully I can get a fairly generic parsing process in place and the tree working soon.

1 comment:

Varadharajan said...

Is it possible for you to post sample code for using XSOM?